Login with your NRPA account to complete your application
NRPA's Online Grant Opportunities Portal
Current NRPA Grant Opportunites:
Supporting Healthy Aging Through Parks and Recreation 3.0
With the support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), NRPA is offering instructor training grants for five arthritis-appropriate, evidence-based interventions (AAEBIs). Essentially, these are physical activity classes that are proven to help people with arthritis symptoms but can actually benefit anyone! The programs we are offering instructor training grants for are:
- Active Living Every Day (ALED): a behavior-change 12-week program that teaches physically inactive people the skills necessary to overcome barriers to physical activity engagement.
- EnhanceFitness (EF): a behavior-change 16-week program for those at any level of fitness that motivates individuals to stay active and live independently
- Fit & Strong! (F&S!): a multi-component physical activity and behavior-change 8 or 12-week program that teaches physically inactive adults with joint pain and stiffness and/or mobility issues how to engage in safe and effective exercise.
- Tai Chi for Arthritis: a program is for people with mild, moderate and severe joint and back pain. It is especially appropriate for adults who have a higher risk of falling.
- Walk With Ease (WWE): a multi-component, low-impact 6-week walking program that teaches people how to safely and comfortably incorporate physical activity into their everyday lifestyle.
Niagara Perk Your Park Program
Niagara's Perk Your Park Program aims to connect communities with their local parks. This program, brought together by Niagara Bottling in partnership with NRPA, engages communities through a public voting campaign in which local communities vote for their park projects and a chance to win $75,000 to help make them a reality. A total of 10 agencies will be selected to participate in the voting campaing, with the top 3 most voted parks projects winning.
*Only Parks and Rrecreation agencies in the following metro areas are eligible for the Niagara Perk Your Park Program grant: Houston, TX; Dallas, TX; San Antonio, Texas; Atlanta, Georgia; and Los Angeles, California. Specifically, Park and Recreation agencies in the following regions are eligible: Missouri City, Baytown, Seguin, and Lancaster in Texas. Rialto and Ontario in California and Newnan, Georgia.